This 49 word email gets a 60%+ open rate and helps us book 2-3 appointments a week.
Why 49 words?
SalesLoft recently published research showing that cold emails with the highest response rates should be no longer than 50 words.
The email we send to book 2-3 appointments a week
At Vouris we build SDR teams that get great results with cold calls, cold emails, and cold LinkedIn messages.
Here’s the email we use to open doors and start conversations:
So why does this cold email work so well and how can you adapt it to your business?
Let’s break it down.
The Subject Line
Subject: SDR Team
This subject line works well for 2 reasons:
- It's highly specific for our target audience (i.e. for us, this email works because they have an SDR team. What’s something your audience has that relates to your product/service?)
- It feels like an internal email. A short and direct subject line would tend to come from someone within the company. Which makes it more likely to get opened.
We target C-Level executives with little time to spare so we want to get straight to the point in one sentence:
<FIRST NAME> - I’m reaching out because I help companies build, scale and optimize their SDR team
A single scan of that line tells the reader exactly what we do.
If they are having a problem with their SDR team, they will read on to the next section.
I help with:
- Sales Process and messaging development
- SDR manager coaching
- SDR training & development programs
- Hiring & onboarding
- The list goes on…
At Vouris we do so much more than this, but we want to hit a couple of big problems that our current clients have, and love that we solve.
A short list will give them a flavour of what we can do and prompt them to keep reading.
Want to hear how I’ve helped teams in your space?
This is where we get the “Yes” response from an interested prospect and get them to book a call in.
Here’s a template for you to fill in yourself for your very own 49 word killer cold email:
[FIRST NAME] - I'm reaching out because I help companies build, scale, and optimize their SDR team.
I help with:
- Sales process and messaging development.
- SDR manager coaching.
- SDR training & development programs.
- Hiring & onboarding.
- The list goes on...
Want to hear how I've helped teams in your space?